Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The New Hammer Axe: Not The Best Name

I recently purchased the new Hammer polyester bowling ball called the Hammer Axe. I was very excited when they released a new spare ball, as I am a die hard Hammerhead, but did not like the past few releases. The Black Widow spare ball was cool, but I do not like clear bowling balls like that, but merely a solid and dark colored bowling ball like the Axe.

Then I got to thinking, is Axe the right name for this bowling ball? Many times when we are bowling, we leave more than one pin, for example a 6 - 10. If you only hit one of these two pins, you just chopped that spare. Now, what do you do with an axe? You chop wood. Seems like this may not be the best name for someone trying to sell bowling balls. I sure hope I do not do a lot of chopping with my new Axe!

No comments:

Post a Comment