Thursday, May 20, 2010

My PBA Experience League IS Going Rough

As I usually do in the summer, I join a PBA Experience League. There are many reasons to join one, but I do so I can learn how to bowl on more demanding conditions. After all, I am a PBA bowler and bowl in three tournaments a year (I would bowl more, but they are a little expensive). Since I have never cashed, these leagues are great for me to learn more about the shots and how to play and adjust on them. Well so far this year, this has not gone well.

The first two weeks, we bowled on the Cheetah pattern, which of course I hate. The PBA pros score very high on this pattern, but most underacheivers like myself struggle on this pattern for the reason that you have to play outside towards the gutter. This is outside most people's comfort zone, and for some reason mine. My big problem is I cannot find a ball to react correctly, no matter the layout or surface. It either overhooks, or goes to long and snaps to hard in the backend. I guess I have not found that magic equation for me to succeed on that pattern.

Now last week, we bowl on the Chameleon pattern, which I have done well on in the past. However, I just drilled up all new equipment, and not knowing exactly how it would react, I struggled here as well.

The moral to this story is that you must bowl in a PBA Experience League. There is no other way to become a better bowler, be more consistent with your spares, and bowl like the pros do.

No comments:

Post a Comment