Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Review of the Hammer Psycho

One of the recent releases in Hammer bowling's raw hammer series is the Hammer Psycho. This ball has a new core called the Raw-Hammer Assault core and a pearlized version of the Max-Hook Reactive coverstock. The factory finish is a 4000 grit sanded finish with Powerhouse Factory Finish polish. The idea of this bowling ball is to give you good length on medium conditions, with a very aggressive backend. The layout I used for this bowling ball is 60 X 3 3/8" X 35 using the dual angle layout. I wanted this ball to be what I use when there is a lot of carrydown on the lanes, and I need something that will still hit the pins hard. So far it seems to work perfectly, but I have found that in order to really carry with this bowling ball, I have to keep the surfaced roughed up with a 1000 grit finish with no polish on the ball. With the combination of the layout above and a low grit finish, this bowling ball really packs a punch and I have found much success with this bowling on the Scorpion and Shark PBA patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment