Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Review of the Hammer Black Widow Venom

One the Hammer Black Widow was introduced many years ago, I just had to have one and I loved it. I threw that ball for years and finally decided that it was time to upgrade my arsenal. I decided to purchase the Black Widow Venom. This bowling ball has the Widow series core with their Lethal Bite Reactive coverstock, coming from the factory with a 4000 grit sanded finish and Powerhouse Factory Finish polish. The characteristics of this bowling ball give it good length and awesome backend. The layout I used is a 35 X 4.5" X 30 using the dual angle layout. With this layout I hoped to see this ball read the lanes fairly early, and maintain a strong, but arcing backend motion. I will use this ball mostly in medium to heavy oil conditions. I sanded down the coverstock with a 1000 grit abralon pad to get this reaction, and this bowling ball works great for me on conditions like the Chameleon PBA pattern. The way I see it, if the bowling ball your throwing says Black Widow on it, you have a great ball in your hands, and the Venom is no exception to this rule!

2 comments:

  1. how would the venom react if it is drilled as a smooth arc at 65 degrees from the pin to the mass bias

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. CleverBowling

    ReplyDelete