Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Why Has Renting Bowling Shoes Gotten So Expensive?

I was in my home bowling alley the other day, and I took a glimpse up at the pricing board and I was shocked. I tried to pretend I was a normal, non league bowler, and I wanted to bowl a few games of open bowling. Would I be willing to spend 20 dollars just to rent a pair of shoes, bowl 2 or 3 games, and maybe drink a beer? Aboslutely not. Bowling has gotten very expensive. I saw that it was now 4 dollars to rent a pair of bowling shoes. You can buy a pair of bowling shoes for 20 bucks. If you do not believe me, click on the banner above and take a look. If you can get a pair of bowling shoes for 20 bucks, they have paid for themselves in 5 trips to the bowling alley! If promoting the sport and increasing league participation is the goal of the bowling world, they are not showing it by charging you so much money just to rent a pair of dirty, uncomfortable bowling shoes. Let's all ban together and buy your own shoes and making renting bowling shoes a thing of the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment