Monday, August 17, 2009

Big Four Split In Bowling League: Where is my USBC patch?

I have been bowling for almost 20 years now on and off, and bowling very seriously for around 7. However, one of the accomplishments I have not made until now is picking up the big four split, which is the 4-6-7-10. I have hit 3 of the 4 many times, but never all of them until I did it tonight in bowling league. Then I go talk to the secretary about my accomplishment, only to find out that the USBC no longer gives out patches for this award. Now bear in mind, I do not bowl just to get awards. I do have 2 300 rings and I show them off every chance I get, but the gratification of bowling the 300 was worth way more than the ring I got for it. Hearing the crowd cheer on the 10th, 11th, and 12th strike were sounds I wish all bowlers could hear. But I do not expect a ring for this bowling accomplishment. However, a cheap, inexpensie patch showing that I picked up the big four would be really neat to have. That is a very hard spare that most people will never pick up in their life. I think the USBC should continue to reward bowlers for their accomplishments, even if it means that the patches may not be as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment