Friday, October 29, 2010

Finishing Second Place in a Scratch Tournament

This past weekend I bowled in a scratch tournament held at one of my local bowling alleys. The format was simple. We bowled 4 games on the house shot, and at the end of the day, high pin count won. After three games I had a pretty comfortable lead of around 35 pins and bowled a 214 game to end my block. I thought this was enough, until another bowler struck out from the fifth game on to shoot a 256 and beat me by a mere 3 pins. However, I am still excited about this accomplishment and felt like I bowled really well. This gave me confidence to possibly spend a little more money and bowl in more local tournaments. After all, how else will you get better if you do not prove to yourself that you can perform in pressure situations. Local tournaments are a great way to gain valuable experience, especially if you want to one day cash in a PBA tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment