Monday, November 22, 2010

PBA Surfside Beach Open 2010

This past weekend, I had my gas pedal down driving southeast to Surfside Beach, SC for the PBA bowling tournament. Of course I had many aspirations of this trip being the first time I cashed, but 125 of the 128 bowlers there had other ideas (yes that means I almost finished in last place). However, the experience was still one that I will never forget.

For starters, it was quite a stacked field. With bowlers such as Tom Baker, Ritchie Allen, Tommy Jones, Brian Kretzer, and Jason Couch there, it was going to be tough. In fact, at one point, I think I counted around 10 bowlers that were, or had been at one time, exempt on Tour. Also, there were around 20 flags hanging above the pin decks. It was quite a star-studded cast, and I had a tough time fighting through my nerves and inner-demons. The 109 and 119 did not help either.

In the end, though, I had a great time with a bunch of great people, and cannot wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment