Thursday, June 3, 2010

Once a Week Is Not Enough

I have been bowling for many years now, and over the years have gotten pretty good. However, the past two years I have cut myself down to bowling once a week in league, and I do not practice at all. I did this to save money because I am now a father and his diapers and food come first. What I have noticed is that bowling is like any other sport out there in that you have to practice.

Bowling requires a great deal of consistency to succeed, and without practice, you will lose that edge. My average has actually dropped in the past few years 10 - 15 pins, and I find myself really struggling in tournaments were shot making is of the upmost importance. How do I get out of this slump? Well I tried buying new bowling balls, which you can check out
here, but guess what. That did not work. Plain and simple, I need to develop a practice routine so I can weed out my bad habits and become a more consistent bowler.

Hopefully I can learn from the PBA Experience League I am bowling in right now, and practice a time or two a week so I can be ready for fall leagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment