Monday, November 2, 2009

The 2009-2010 PBA Tour Season is Underway

So it is official. Walter Ray Williams has won yet another title. I guess 45 times was not enough. It my have not been a live show, but was it awesome to watch. Armed with his brand new 900 Global Bounty Hunter bowling ball, he defeated Chris Barnes 238-230 for his first Tour win after turning 50 years old. He is now eligible to compete in the Senior Tour, but why would he if he can still be a champion on the regular tour? There is certainly more money to be made on the regular tour, and as long as he feels good and keeps making shows, then he is in the right spot.

I must say that I am very disappointed that Bill O’neill did not get his victory, but after making seven television shows last season with two runner-up finishes, I fell pretty confident that he will taste victory this year on the PBA tour.

Many people this time of year are excited about football, but I am just as excited about bowling on Sundays. This is a great opportunity to see how the pros bowl on those difficult lane conditions, and what adjustments they make. I am hoping to one day have the knowledge they have on bowling ball layouts, surface, and how to play different lane conditions.

Now to the most exciting part about bowling being back on tv. Next week for the Scorpion Championship, they are going to show coverage of the entire tournament from start to finish, including the qualifying round and the match play events. It is basically a way of seeing how a PBA Tour event is like. My guess is that it is more of an advertisement to get people to sign up for their service called XTRA FRAME which shows this type of coverage for every event, and for only 7.99 per month or 64.99 per year.

Now that the shows are starting, I cannot wait to see how this year’s tour turns out, from who will win, rookie of the year, player of the year, etc. I love to watch bowling and can only wish that maybe sometime they will bowl a tour even in the Southeast so I can go watch one!

No comments:

Post a Comment