Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bowling League Is Over Early For Me This Year


This past Friday,we had some of the best weather North Carolina had to offer so I decided to get some work done around the house. I decided to burn off some old wood scraps in my fire pit so I could avoid having to haul it off at the landfill. A few of the pieces were a little too big, so I decided to bust them up with a concrete block. If you just said to yourself, "That is a bad idea" then you would be right. Moving on to my second piece of wood, andwith all the confidence in the world, I smashed the wood. In doing so, the end of the wood bowed straight up and my right thumb got caught between the wood and the concrete block resulting in what you see to your left.


Yes friends, that is two stitches and a broken thumb. I was told by the doctor the stitches would come out two weeks, but as far as the hairline fracture goes, no bowling for six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment