Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Two Finger Bowlers: Boy They Tear Up The Lanes

I have struggled thus far in my bowling league, not even able to carry a 200 average. however, last night I walked into the bowling alley feeling like I could grab a piece of pizza off of someone's plate and grab my golden Rhino and tear up the lanes! And then, I saw who I was bowling against. I saw the dreaded two finger bowler!!!

Now do not get me wrong, I can certainly appreciate those who bowl without the thumb in their bowling ball, only using their two fingers. Especially if you can throw it like Jason Belmonte, who throws with over 700 revs, and accurately.! However, most people who bowl in your standard USBC bowling leagues are not near as talented as Belmonte, and only end up tearing the lanes to peices. I found myself constantly adjusting to the breakdown of the house pattern, and everytime I found something, it would go away quickly.

Now be it that I am a professional bowler and not too bad, I should have been able to find a spot on the lanes where he was not playing and get a good consistent reaction, but I just had one of those nights were the only way I could carry was to play over top the line he was playing. If I could give some advice when bowling against a competitor of this nature, you have to find a bowling ball with the right surface that will allow you to play a part of the line they are not. For example, if they are playing deep, you have to find a way to play outside, or you will be chasing it all night. Despite my negative attitude at times, and making bad adjustments, I still shot a 599 which is not a terrible night for me, although I wish it could have been better. If my worst bowling series for the rest of the year is 599, I will certainly be happy. In any event, I had a great time and cannot wait for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment